PDA

View Full Version : Dual Image Problem

Skinner3D
01-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Could anyone please suggest how I get rid of the dual image in this movie?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5998997222913166831&hl=en

If for some reason you dont see the dual image, please let me know, that means it is just something that is set on my computer

Im sorry it is so short and fast, the problem is most noticable when the guy is in the middle of the screen

:D

meshpig
01-19-2008, 11:30 PM
I can see the effect but more info would help.

m

UnCommonGrafx
01-20-2008, 08:17 AM
What kind of monitor are you using?
I think you are possibly seeing:
- slow lcd
- slow computer not playing fast enough
- the player you are using
- an optical illusion: put it on a tape or dvd and watch it that way to really see.

Or go to another computer to see it.

It was not seen here.

Skinner3D
01-20-2008, 10:54 AM
UnCommonGrafx: I tried it on my brothers computer and still saw the image. We both have CRT monitors. On my laptop, the dual image isnt quite as noticable it looks more like motion blur(but I didnt turn motion blur on).

The is no dual image if you just pause it

Meshpig: I dont know what more info i can give you

Could compression type have anything to do with this?
:D

toby
01-20-2008, 11:41 AM
My LCD tends to show artifacts because of it's slow refresh, but I don't see it here. What you're seeing could be the persistance of vision. That I can see.

Skinner3D
01-20-2008, 04:13 PM
My LCD tends to show artifacts because of it's slow refresh, but I don't see it here. What you're seeing could be the persistance of vision. That I can see.

That is an interesting idea. Anybody have any ideas on how to combat this, or deal with it in such a way that makes it less noticable?

The whole point of this is that, the dude runs across the screen and credits appear. He runs back across the screen and more credits appear. Etc and so on and so forth.

Worse case scenario it stays as is, and I hope that it gets displayed on a non-crt system when i present at the expo

UnCommonGrafx
01-20-2008, 05:44 PM
how many frames is it?

Skinner3D
01-20-2008, 05:45 PM
:stumped: Here is a strange thing. I reopened the scene of my blue devil running, and I get the same double image problem, in OpenGL in Lightwave. I think something is screwy on my computer.

It is about 30 frames long. I just increased it to 70ish, so Im going to render that and see what I get

toby
01-21-2008, 01:27 AM
I'm pretty sure this is what motion blur is for, and a background that doesn't contrast with the character as much should help too.