PDA

View Full Version : Render scene with only select objects

TRCC
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
I have a scene, with 6-7 objects, I would like to render the scene with each object individually so I can compile in After Effects. Basically 7 renders with 1 object each render. Any help?

Thanks,
Luke

Surrealist.
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Take a look at the Object Properties (p) Render tab for various options including object dissolve.

TRCC
01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
EUREKA! - UNSEEN by camera... It was just under my nose.

Thanks,
Luke

jdomingo
01-18-2008, 07:16 PM
try f11. select the object that you want to render and then press f11. you dont need to use the unseen camera.

Maxx
01-18-2008, 07:35 PM
try f11. select the object that you want to render and then press f11. you dont need to use the unseen camera.
Unless it's an animation, then you'd need to press f11 for every frame. Which does get a bit tedious :D.

TRCC
01-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah I have 600 frames, times 7 renders, the unseen by camera works best right now. I wish there was an easier way, I could imagine a complex scene would be horrible to do multiple renders.

Luke

Maxx
01-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Hopefully we'll see a render layer manager in 9.4 or 9.5. In the meantime, there are a couple plug-ins floating around to take care of if you've got some extra cash. I believe Surpasses is still in working order and Passport I think is the name of the other one. Run a search on Flay and here to see if they're both available and in good working condition - I don't personally use either.

Surrealist.
01-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah I have 600 frames, times 7 renders, the unseen by camera works best right now. I wish there was an easier way, I could imagine a complex scene would be horrible to do multiple renders.

Luke

If you are going to be compositing do you not need to be also rendering out alphas where the objects overlap? If so there are options for that as well that will give you an alpha around the object shape from the camera view. If some objects also have a shadow you can render a shadow pass too. The setting is in the Advanced tab of the surface editor under Alpha Channel.

You can render the Alphas by simply choosing that option in the Render Globals/Output tab.

Just thinking ahead. If you knew this already, forgive me. :)

nukemodular
01-21-2008, 04:09 AM

Luke

why that?...just click the item u want to render...scene editor "invert selection"...press "p"...click "unseen by camera"....it work on all selected objects...