PDA

View Full Version : vt33 - no a/v in or out

hruffin3
01-18-2008, 02:25 PM
the sharedmem test fails error code c0000005
audioprobe returns blank samples [ ][ ] ....
dave says switcher present

vt5 on repaired vt33 card xp sp2 on a intel D850emv2 P4 mobo with a pny nvidia 6200 agp8x card in a 4x slot

would the latest drivers from nvidia be the fix or should i get another video card entirely???

also after reformat and install, autoconfig does not run - could that be the problem? i use a powerconnector from the scsi raid when installing to run the dvd drive and the raid is not online until i first run vt .... this could be a problem.

CreatvGnius
01-18-2008, 03:02 PM

vt5 on repaired vt33 card xp sp2 on a intel D850emv2 P4 mobo with a pny nvidia 6200 agp8x card in a 4x slot

would the latest drivers from nvidia be the fix or should i get another video card entirely???

also after reformat and install, autoconfig does not run - could that be the problem? i use a powerconnector from the scsi raid when installing to run the dvd drive and the raid is not online until i first run vt .... this could be a problem.

If you've got an SX- 8 or 84 breakout box, make *absolutely* certain, you've got those DB-15 cables properly connected (diligently inspect both ends of each cable, one at a time). This exhortation applies, if you've been trying to get your system running properly -- after having just connected VT hardware components (e.g., SX 84), or if you made any disconnects/connections of the SX umbilical cables lately.

-PeterG

hruffin3
01-18-2008, 03:22 PM
hey thanks again creatvgenius
but i have no bob connected - tried several cables and composite cams
when i use a cam on the switcher bus it locks the switcher up and will transition the main and preview boxes on the switcher itself but will not 'take' period - there is no actual video transition as the system is confused by the lack of input, i think, only the switcher bus lights .... i have to exit vt and first remove the component cam from the bus - then i can switch internally ..... capture will not start timecode - but i don't get a "video input not present" warning its just not recording -

CreatvGnius
01-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Not an expert at PCs at all, really. but here's a mere shot in the dark...
Would going into your WINDOWS SETUP allow you to access some means of delaying other drives by so many seconds, to allow your RAIDed drives some time to spin up?

PeterG (Wishing I really were a Computer Genius):(

hruffin3
01-25-2008, 05:48 AM
it seems like auto config does not run in vt[5] from another thread. maybe the next version will have that as well as the disk speed utility that autoconfig ran.

i am still working on the vt33 a/v in and out problem though

i can record audio thru the mobo sound - but speededit voiceover isn't working either.

CreatvGnius
01-28-2008, 03:42 PM
it seems like auto config does not run in vt[5] from another thread. maybe the next version will have that as well as the disk speed utility that autoconfig ran.

i am still working on the vt33 a/v in and out problem though

i can record audio thru the mobo sound - but speededit voiceover isn't working either.

What is VT33? Is that a 33MHz VT[2] or VT[3] card? And what progress have you made with your system?

I'm assuming you've been in touch with NewTek Tech Support by now -- those guys are great.
-PeterG

hruffin3
01-29-2008, 02:33 PM
thats it why its 33 is proably due to the slower pci speed, i saw that reference to that card as vt33 in forums about running vt[5] with that card as opposed to the new vtPro card that is the new card ...

i thought i would get some response here - must be a fairly common thing - the original system was put together by a newtek dealer - my generator blew up my first mobo d850emv2 - so i got a new one - actually i guess i blew it up!!! vtcard was not damaged - it worked in a old AMD machine - until i damaged a voltage regulator and got that repaired at NewTek ....
when i got the new replacement mobo - i got no av/ in/out - and put off techsupport and got newer vt4 - then vt5 with xp too - that didnot get it

then i dropped a line here. ;.;
so next i gotta get the drivers - too much cash outlay - no home internet and i gotta get spare bucks to get a usb stick to download the newer drivers for nvidia ....
then tech support ;;;
the dealer lives 250 miles away, and work and nonworking-to-well auto prohibits me from doing the smartest thing and going down there.... to swap boards and try mine in his machine.

a short answer is i guess i keep trying myself to no avail yet, no big deal
as it will all take time and i got to remember to write down my registration number to email techsupport ....
no one else has responded here.

thanks creatv genius ...

CreatvGnius
01-29-2008, 03:15 PM
so next i gotta get the drivers - too much cash outlay - no home internet and i gotta get spare bucks to get a usb stick to download the newer drivers for nvidia ....
then tech support ;;;
the dealer lives 250 miles away, and work and nonworking-to-well auto prohibits me from doing the smartest thing and going down there.... to swap boards and try mine in his machine...
no one else has responded here.

thanks creatv genius ...

Why not try posting an email message to someone in Tech Support (since you apparently have access to the Internet occassionally)? 1.800.TOASTER is the phone number.

Who knows. Maybe your issue isn't driver-related at all. Contact NewTek; I assure you they're fantastic.
-PeterG

IMPERIAL
01-31-2008, 11:40 PM

Just a guess
6200 cards share RAM memory as far as I Know...try change with different card.

Whole system sound too slow (old) for VT5... if you have VT3 try with that first.

hruffin3
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
it is a shared memory card - its agp 8x in a 4x slot???

maybe thats the bug. i hope it is a driver problem - still looking into that -
where does my money go - when will it return!!!!

thanks - i had hoped my problem was one that more people might have more ideas about ...
but no response here that has helped yet although i wait

next stop tech support.

just keeping up with the sw at this point - which i like - especially vt[5] switching/keyer improvements - it works well switching internally and i am mostly doing lightwave work - until i get the hardware going again -

hruffin3
05-28-2008, 02:31 PM
finally sent the card to test in a known good system and the in and out are bad. so its being fixed again, THANK YOU NewTek!:thumbsup:

hruffin3
06-13-2008, 07:04 AM
now working!!!!
thanks newtek - ya'll are the aliens i thought i might never find ....

stargatesg1
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Seem it says there is a problem communicating with the drivers and then refuses to work. When i was up i noted that for some reason none of the BOB's outputs were showing anything. Very odd.
CJ

hruffin3
06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
i have seen this - some posts here say to pull the card and reinsert - but that usually is not the case - when i get that error i restart the pc and restart vt just fine - seems to be a windows problem