PDA

View Full Version : Can Lscripts change Grid size

gpdesigner
01-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Hello . . just a question as the title suggests, is it possible to write an Lscript that would change the grid size while in a scene. of course you can do it manually go to display Opts, but that's a lot of steps . . . is it possible to have button that will do it with a click?
gp

Roly
01-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Use your square brackets. :thumbsup:

Hopper
01-17-2008, 08:37 PM
I checked ... If there is, it's not in the LScript Reference Guide.

evenflcw
01-18-2008, 01:20 AM
Open up the LScript Commander. Run the command. Drag it to the textarea above. Convert to LScript. If that still doesn't work, wrap CommandInput() around the string.

gpdesigner
01-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Open up the LScript Commander. Run the command. Drag it to the textarea above. Convert to LScript. If that still doesn't work, wrap CommandInput() around the string.

Ok lets assume I don't speak English . . . Explain that again slower use big letters . . :D
gp

evenflcw
01-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Checkout the Lscript video tutorials at the bottom left of this page.

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/tutorials/videos/index.php

Is there anything William hasn't covered!?

Red_Oddity
01-18-2008, 08:06 AM
IncreaseGrid();
DecreaseGrid();
GridSize(<nr of units>); (for example GridSize(4);)

You can find these commands in the SDK manual aswell

gpdesigner
01-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Checkout the Lscript video tutorials at the bottom left of this page.

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/tutorials/videos/index.php

Is there anything William hasn't covered!?

nice tutorials . . I tried it . . keep getting error messages and LW is freakin out on me . . . I'll keep at it until it works . .
gp

gpdesigner
01-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Ok . . . all set I have 2 little Lscripts to change my grid size . .
I had to open the script in text editor to adjust the code but other than that works like a charm . . thanks for the help
bartender . . a round of beers . . . .
gp

art
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
while we are on the similar subject, is it possible to run the "fit all" in modeler using lscript?

Red_Oddity
01-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Hmmm...i haven't come across any means to access Modeler viewports (Layout seems to be the only program in the SDK that offers Viewport globals)
Then again, i could be very very wrong.