PDA

View Full Version : CG Designer Problem in VT-5?

tigerbill
01-17-2008, 08:45 AM
I installed VT-5 and everything seems to be working fine with the exception of the CG. I created 12 pages in a CG project, saved them as a project, and went into the editor to add them into my video project. But when I open the CG project in the filebin, twice as many pages show up! When I go back and look in the CG Designer, only the 12 pages that I originally created are there.

For example, in addition to the pages I created that are named ProjectA001.png, ProjectA002,png, etc. I have duplicate pages named Icon001.png, Icon002.png, etc but these are showing up only under the filebin and not when the CG project is viewed in the CG.

Has anyone else noticed this strange duplication with the CG?

B. Schuster
01-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Yes, I've encountered the same thing.
It appears to be part of the new design, the Icon is a lesser quality image.
I have no idea why:confused:

But I have encountered a problem where sometimes when I try to center a line of text, the whole page will disappear, so Watch Out!

SKSVideo
01-17-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't use the CG files that the CG program makes. When I'm in CG Design I save my files as PNG images. They load fast and look great. Try PNG's
Scott
SKSVideoGuy:)

CreatvGnius
01-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, I've encountered the same thing.
It appears to be part of the new design, the Icon is a lesser quality image.
I have no idea why:confused:

But I have encountered a problem where sometimes when I try to center a line of text, the whole page will disappear, so Watch Out!

Tiger and B.S. -
My guess is, that those "icon" files are essentially there to provide the "thumbnails" of your created images, for project display within the CG interface.

Again, that's only a guess. Hmm. I wonder if they have some other useful purpose: for instance,
Could we copy those "icon" images generated in a CG Project SAVE -- and use them as images for web use?

Another question: Would we cause VT system instability if we deleted any of those ICON files, then went into the pertinent CG Project via CG Designer?

-PeterG

tigerbill
01-17-2008, 01:16 PM
B.S. - I already ran into the CG "bug" where I center a line of text and the whole page disappears. Lots of fun!

I also tried deleting the extra images and when I close the VT down I get a messages that says there was some type of write to memory error. When I booted back into the VT and opened the CG file in designer and did a save on the file, the additional images get created again but only appear in the file bin - as usual.

It would be nice if someone from Newtek could supply us with the reason for these duplicate files?

Bill

CreatvGnius
01-17-2008, 01:23 PM
B.S. - I already ran into the CG "bug" where I center a line of text and the whole page disappears. Lots of fun!

I also tried deleting the extra images and when I close the VT down I get a messages that says there was some type of write to memory error. When I booted back into the VT and opened the CG file in designer and did a save on the file, the additional images get created again but only appear in the file bin - as usual.

It would be nice if someone from Newtek could supply us with the reason for these duplicate files?

Bill

My thinking on this, is that these duplicate files ought to default to "hidden status" if it means we can easily wreak havoc with the stability of our systems, should we delete any of those CG "Icon" files.

I believe went through a maze of problems when I did so under VT[4] ver. 4.5
'W'd love to hear more on this, too. :agree:
-PeterG

Ron Kirby
01-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I've deleted them, only to find them back again when I save any additional files in the project.
Ron