PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to copy a vertex map (endomorph) to another similar model???

Cougar12dk
01-17-2008, 12:12 AM
I want to setup a new version of a fighter jet I already setup with endomoprhs, but I don't want to have to go through the process of setting them all up manually if I can help it.

So is there any way I can copy an endomorph from one model to the next? They're the same model but with different textures and a few other, minor, differences.

Thanks!

toonafish
01-17-2008, 05:33 AM
if the vertex order has not changed you can use Background to morph to do that. Just apply an endomorph to the object with the morphs, put in in the background layer and use Background to morph.

If the vertex order has changed there are some plugins around to fix that, check Flay if you need them.

Otherwise you could use this dynamics thingy in Layout and deform the object without morphs with the one that has the morphs and save transformed. Sorry, I don't know the name of this dynamics plugin, I've not been using Lightwave for a looong time now:D

Cougar12dk
01-17-2008, 05:42 AM
Sweet, thanks :) Although I have already gone the long road of morph-mapping the control surfaces again, this could come in handy next time :)