PDA

View Full Version : IF, THEN, ELSE commands to TED?

Tom Wood
07-10-2003, 12:55 PM
I don't see it in the manual... Can TED accept programming that says, for example:

IF the audio level is greater than zero, THEN apply DVE(x) to video(x), ELSE do nothing? (Where (x) refers to specific items) I'm wondering if I can automate the fade in and fade out of a moving mouth on top of a still mouth to fake a lip-synch effect.

Thanks,

TW

Faraz
07-11-2003, 10:05 AM
There are such commands in Toaster Script. But I don't know if you can monitor audio levels in Toater Script.
Here is a little getting started guide on Toaster script:

http://www.ToasterSupport.com

Tom Wood
07-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Thanks Faraz,

That's a helpful site. I think what I want is probably 'technically' doable, it's just a matter of expertise. If I wanted to hire a programmer to write the code, what should I ask for in terms of ability? Monitoring the audio would require the ability to sample a specific track in the audio mixer, say 44.1 thousand times a second? Is there a way to tap into that part of the VT software? Actually, a much lower sample rate would work, but VT already does the 44.1 thang.

Thanks again,

TW

Faraz
07-12-2003, 08:10 AM
From what I understand Toaster Script doesn't have hooks like the ones you need. Aussie would either have to make those hooks in the C++ code, or you could try getting an SDK from NewTek.

Two real limitations to Toaster Script....

~ We can only use what hooks that are built in

~ We have no clue what hooks are built in, we just have to go by the code included. A master list would be extreamly helpful.

Good Luck-

SBowie
07-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Tom, though it's not my area of expertise, IIRC people used to use Magpie to automate this kind of stuff in LW. Yyou may want to inquire in the LW forums whether that is still 'au courant' or what other methods people are using...

Tom Wood
07-13-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks Steve,

But that's just it, I don't wanna do this in LW. Too much time. Since this is a weekly show, I'm going to have to pre-render most of it, and then adjust the mouths to match the audio in a faked lipsynch effect. Sorta how they do anime.

However, after thinking about it some more, I think I can use the "cut to the music beat" keyframe function and get what I want. Not automatic, but still pretty quick. Render the characters without mouths, render the mouths on separate layers, then dissolve the mouths in and out in TED using the keyframe marker at the beginning and end of the audio waves. It means keeping up with the frame numbers for each layer, but that's okay.

Funny how posting a question will get your brain working on a problem. Maybe I should just email myself...

TW

Liber777
07-14-2003, 11:54 AM
~ We have no clue what hooks are built in, we just have to go by the code included. A master list would be extreamly helpful.

Sweet menstruating Mary! When is this going to be available?

Kurt_Henning
07-14-2003, 07:57 PM
like all high quailty software...................................

in two weeks............................

or tomorrow if you want it sooner..............................

what di you think I would say? July 16th?

what do I look like, a dealer? I am sitting in Italy reading the daily news.