PDA

View Full Version : Question about simulating water...

monovich
02-21-2003, 05:12 PM
This is my first post here, and I did a search to see if it was covered already...

I'm trying to figure out if I can drop a ball in a tank of water an have the surface of the water ripple (splash, even?) on contact, then have the ball bob up and down.

I don't mind keyframing a bunch of it, but what I'm more concerned about is fairly realistic ripples emanating from the ball.

thanks in advance for any help!

-Steve F.

faulknermano
02-21-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by monovich
This is my first post here, and I did a search to see if it was covered already...

I'm trying to figure out if I can drop a ball in a tank of water an have the surface of the water ripple (splash, even?) on contact, then have the ball bob up and down.

I don't mind keyframing a bunch of it, but what I'm more concerned about is fairly realistic ripples emanating from the ball.

thanks in advance for any help!

-Steve F.

particleFX is the way to go, i think. have a look at the sample particleFX scenes that came with the installation. they'll demo alot what you can do with it. look at the settings and fiddle around with it some.

good luck.

SplineGod
02-22-2003, 09:54 PM
I would look at Pfx for the splash, MD, displacment maps, displacement expression of one of several plugins that does similar things. Check on flay.com