PDA

View Full Version : Slowing down clips

Dodgy
01-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Hiya,
I set my in and out points on my clip, so now I want to slow down the clip. Except if I change the clip speed, the in/out points become wrong (presumably using in/out times after the speed change instead of before). Am I going about this the wrong way? I would have thought that using the time in/out THEN changing the speed is the more flexible way to go about this, since you're more likely to want to fiddle with the speed of a clip than it's in and out points.

ScorpioProd
01-16-2008, 06:27 PM
I agree with you, but nope, that's the way it works.

Also, be sure to test the quality of the slow motion to see if it is good enough for what you need or not.

SpeedEDIT does not do interpolation for speed changes, and in my experience, I can't recommend its slow motion quality because of this.

I do my slow motion stuff in Vegas Pro 8 or Mirage.

Scott Bates
01-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Dodgy, see my reply in your Feature Requests Thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=643060#post643060).

BeniToaster
06-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Hola
I have found on 1080i projects that to use slow motion is better to use odd numbers insted of even number, for example a 50% slow motion was very bad but a 53% slow motion of the same clip worked perfectly.
So don't use even numbers.

Different for clip duration where even frame numbers work better.

Mutley Eugenius
09-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Maybe I don't understand your original question but if you cut a section of a clip, then drag it out of the sequence (the earlier and later parts of the clip), you should be able to change it's speed and it will lengthen or shorten to keep the same in-out points, then you can put it back in-between the original clip sections and play it, and both ends will match up perfectly with the rest of the clip.

I haven't tried this on SE but it used to work fine on :vticon: VT[3] Edit, I did it dozens of times for Matrix-like action effects.