PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime .mov render problem

BarkingTreefrog
01-16-2008, 09:38 AM
I just installed 9.3.1 UB on my mac last night. I had a problem though in a render on an animation I was doing. It was a 40 frame animation, and as I rendered, the status window indicated that all of the frames were being added to the animation file. When I opened the file in Quicktime, the 40 frames duration was there (meaning the animation went from beginning to end), but there were only 8 frames there. And for some reason, Final Cut Pro said the file was not recognized, even though it was a .mov. So is there something that I didn't check that needs to be done, or is there a problem with the version of LightWave? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

toby
01-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Hey! Add one more reason to render to frames instead of .mov!

I'm kidding... that reason is already covered.

Rendering to video files is a bad idea for many more reasons. Render to an image sequence and this, plus other headaches, will disappear ~

this comes up often, here's the last one
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77518&highlight=quicktime

BarkingTreefrog
01-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks Toby.

I am rendering in frames, but when i am doing a test animation (just to see if things are going the right way), it's nice just to open Quicktime and play the animation, instead of having to open up Final Cut and render out the whole sequence. Just makes for more work, in my opinion.

eblu
01-17-2008, 09:50 AM
quicktime can import an image sequence as a movie file.

hard8
01-17-2008, 06:27 PM
check to make sure your render frame step is set to 1. If you only got 8 frames then it might be set to 5. I had the same problem not too long ago and I realized my frame step was set to 10. Final Cut wouldn't recognize it because it had an odd fps rate.

meshpig
01-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks Toby.

I am rendering in frames, but when i am doing a test animation (just to see if things are going the right way), it's nice just to open Quicktime and play the animation, instead of having to open up Final Cut and render out the whole sequence. Just makes for more work, in my opinion.

QT (Pro) saves image sequences as a .mov at whatever frame rate you open with; no extra work really.

m