PDA

View Full Version : no SOUND on NT Front Page Ad

OOZZEE
01-16-2008, 08:30 AM
is it me or are the rest of you not getting any sound out of advertisement for LIVESET on NT front page ?

I kind of want to hear what is being said.

thanks

andrew_y
01-16-2008, 08:40 AM
No sound in it... sorry. We took a small clip of Rex, then reversed it it get it to loop seamlessly. It would have sounded like a Sabbath album in reverse I'm sure. This was done in an attempt to keep the file size down as much as possible.

CreatvGnius
01-16-2008, 09:12 AM
No sound in it... sorry. We took a small clip of Rex, then reversed it it get it to loop seamlessly. It would have sounded like a Sabbath album in reverse I'm sure. This was done in an attempt to keep the file size down as much as possible.

Now this intrigues me. How is it, that reversing a clip helps facilitate seamless looping? How are two "ends" joined so as to appear seamless. Forgive my ignorance, and school me here Andrew? Anyone else feel free to chime in. TIA!
-PeterG

cagey5
01-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, when you reverse it when it gets to the end of the reverse section it's back at the first image of the standard part and ready to run again.

cagey5
01-16-2008, 09:28 AM
If it was numbers and the clip was 1,2,3,4,5. You'd add a reverse on the end and get 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 and ready to go again. Does that make sense to anyone but me?

andrew_y
01-16-2008, 09:35 AM
In this case it was pretty easy.. the graph below should explain things better.

CreatvGnius
01-16-2008, 10:15 AM
In this case it was pretty easy.. the graph below should explain things better.

Thanks guys. One other query: How does Digital Juice™ and others, create those nice "fractal" motion backgrounds -- without the appearance of any "seams" -- and with no apparent "reversal of motion", from what I can discern (unless I just hadn't been paying attention)?

:stumped:
-PeterG

Safe Harbor
01-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I think some background music and a narrator would help immensely.

Whelkn
01-16-2008, 12:25 PM
it takes the front page long enough to load for me so I would imaging adding a soundtrack would add to that and scare the hell out of me if the speakers were turned up--or maybe I should just favorite directly to the forums--

loki74
01-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Personally, I think silent is the way it should be. Nothing is more frustrating than when I go to some website with cool, catchy hi-tech music and sound effects, which are conveniently dissonant with and twice as loud as the song I'm trying to relax with...

I'd like to thank NT for being so courteous as to not be one of those sites.

CreatvGnius
01-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Personally, I think silent is the way it should be. Nothing is more frustrating than when I go to some website with cool, catchy hi-tech music and sound effects, which are conveniently dissonant with and twice as loud as the song I'm trying to relax with...

I'd like to thank NT for being so courteous as to not be one of those sites.
:agree: I have come to that same conclusion, nearly every time I arrive at NewTek's home page. I'm constantly thankful they're silent. The impact of the visuals are enough to get anyone's attention, and maintain it.

As has been requested by Ahmed and others -- I only wish the images in the VT[5] product area were much more compelling -- with a further twist: the ability to "click" them for enlarging: Again, those images have got to have some nice detail in them, that draw the viewer to desiring that closer look.

This might give outsiders an opportunity to get a better look at some of the unique features within VT (like the Processor Amplifier section, Live-Matte™ control panel, et al) that set NewTek's solutions apart from so many other products.