PDA

View Full Version : Audio follow video

Thomas V.
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I have been using both VT and Tricaster since they came out. One feature that would really help on the tricaster would be an audio follow video function. Many a time I've used the Tricaster for live events that incorporate both live and pre-recorded content. It is a pain to click the mute buttons on and off on two inputs and switch video. (Unless I am missing some obvious presets or something?).
Thanks,
Thomas

TappedOut
01-16-2008, 10:59 AM
I have been using both VT and Tricaster since they came out. One feature that would really help on the tricaster would be an audio follow video function. Many a time I've used the Tricaster for live events that incorporate both live and pre-recorded content. It is a pain to click the mute buttons on and off on two inputs and switch video. (Unless I am missing some obvious presets or something?).
Thanks,
Thomas
Good idea, without an external mixer this is definitely a hard task with a mouse! I second this feature! :)

CreatvGnius
01-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Good idea, without an external mixer this is definitely a hard task with a mouse! I second this feature! :)

There's are field mixers that automatically mute audio inputs where no sound is present, relative to a "threshold" setting made by the user.

Here's a link featuring an overview of the technology, with a number of models listed from various manufacturers.

http://digitalcontentproducer.com/how/prods/avinstall_automatic_microphone_mixers/

Let me however, cast my vote for an Auto Mix capability for TriCaster™ products as well. :thumbsup:
PeterG