I know about BobFX good stuff

but

is there any other 3rd party ones?

It would be great if we had all the ones like Vegas has
and maybe some boris type effects too.

We need more high end effects?

ScorpioProd
01-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, honestly, if you want Vegas effects, the only way to get them is to use Vegas. :hey:

In terms of "effects", Bob Tasa is the only game in town for VT/SE, and he's really done all he can within the limits of VT/SE's SDK and plug-in architecture.

There had been rumors in the past year that NewBlue was interested in doing plug-ins for VT/SE, but that didn't happen.

And BorisFX had also expressed interest in this past year, but that didn't happen either.

It may be the SDK for VT/SE is too daunting compared to other NLEs. IOW, I wouldn't be too optimistic that it's gonna happen. :(

I can look at the Vegas SDK and understand it with examples and samples and such... The VT/SE one... Ah... No. (I'm not claiming to be a programmer, but I know enough to see the major difference between SDKs.)

There has to be a REASON for a person or company to put in the effort to create these things, and an easily understandable SDK with good documentation and examples surely would help.

I mean, for instance, look at all the free or commercial scripts available for Vegas that make things much easier. I thought there would be development of scripting for VT/SE with Toasterscript, but that hasn't happened.

bbeanan
01-13-2008, 06:45 PM
not to mention that every time Newtek releases an upgrade it kills any plugins you may have causing Bob to fix it every time... which does not help in getting new 3rd party devlopers...