PDA

View Full Version : Is there a problem with running Toaster and AvidExpress DV 3.5 on the same PC

David
02-21-2003, 05:52 PM
I would Like to run AvidExpress Dv 3.5 on the same PC I run Toaster on, If anyone knows of any issuse with that, let me know?I origionally was going to do a dual boot with Windows 200 Pro on one partition and Windows Xp Pro on the other but now that both run on XP I'd rather have one partition.

Paul Lara
02-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Shouldn't have any problems, David.

David
02-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks Paul!

David
02-21-2003, 06:39 PM
I just installed AvidExpress DV on my Toaster But it said there is no audio card I guess that means Toaster won't work as a audio card for Avid? My motherboard has onboard AC97' audio bult in but it is not installed should I install the drivers for my onboard audio card or just buy one or can I configure toaster Audio to work with avid?

vppaul
02-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Are you using windows 2000? Does Media player work with your Toaster audio card? Did you check Sounds and Multimedia in the control panel and assign your video toaster audio card as the preferred device? I think (but could be wrong) that the operating system directs audio from one card to another. If this does not work I would look into the preferences of the software that you want to use the card with.

Hope this helps!

David
02-21-2003, 10:11 PM
I am using Windows Xp Pro because AvidExpress DV 3.5 only works in Windows XP. I don't know if the windows audio settings are the same but I will try that, it puzzles me because eventhough Avid says there is no audio card I can hear audio through the Toaster output when I capture just video in Avid3.5. But I most likely will remove Avid and run it on another PC or dual boot situation. The following was posted on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VTNT

Date: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:56 pm
Subject: Re: [VTNT] Toater Audio w/Avid, Will it work?

If you want to do batch capturing on Avid or T2 when the 3.0 comes out your
going to get conflicts.
Either put Avid on a separate machine or make the T2 machine a dual boot with
Avid on one and T2 on the other.
The problem lies with the fact that Avid uses TI (Texas Instruments) DV drivers
and T2 uses the MS DV drivers and they get confuse if they are on the same
machine for machine control.

WOLF VIDEO (818) 905-WOLF (9653)

Production * Digital Editing * Graphics * Internet

Paul Lara
02-22-2003, 10:40 AM
You may need to install an audio card for Xpress to use.