PDA

View Full Version : Deadly creatures have curiously gone missing

rakker16mm
01-13-2008, 03:09 AM
I was watching the tutorial "Introduction to Serpent (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/serpent.mov)" by William Vaughan and it looked like something I could use. Unfortunately I don't seem to have that plugin on my Mac. I am running LW8.5 on a G5.

I'm curious if some plugins that ship with lightwave just don't get installed on the Macs. If that is the case is there a list somewhere of what should have loaded. It would save a lot of time scratching my head. Also if I should have Serpent and I don't is there somewhere I can download it? I already tried reinstalling the software but no luck there.

I downloaded Trailer from D-Storm which many here seem to like better. If any one knows of a tutorial for trailer that would be very helpful.

Thank you

archijam
01-13-2008, 03:52 AM
I asked about how to animate an arrow recently, and Matt posted a nice scene file you might like to check out ...

j.

rakker16mm
01-13-2008, 04:56 AM
Thank you archijam,

It's an excellent technique and it could work for what I need to do, but I think Serpent or Trailer would be better suited for my purposes. It does give me some ideas for some other stuff I want to do.

SplineGod
01-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Trailer is dead simple to use. You can animate a null on a path and target the object your trailer object to follow and conform to that path. The problem with Serpent is that its old and slow with no features. Trailer also can see additional displacements as well which is very useful.

rakker16mm
01-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks Larry,

I'll give it a try, though I may be back to ask more questions.

rakker16mm
01-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Ha! If it had been a snake it would'a bit me :foreheads Now that I no longer need serpent I finally found it :D
I never cease to amaze me :beerchug: