PDA

View Full Version : VT-5 Audio Problem

tigerbill
01-12-2008, 05:48 PM
I 've just installed VT-5 after uninstalling all of my VT-4 software and the VT is running perfectly! The only problem I seem to have is that none of my other applications (Smartsound, Adobe Audition, etc.) will play any audio.

When I bring up a Windows Media clip in a WMV player, it tells me that there is a problem with my sound device. Prior to loading VT-5, I was using the VT for all of my audio - having disabled the computer's on-board audio and I assumed that under VT-5 this would have worked the same way.

I am running VT-5 under Windows XP Pro and when I look at my audio settings, my VT Audio Device shows up as the default device under "recording" but nothing shows up under "playback." Playback (both under Voice and Sound panels) is greyed out. I would have thought that the VT Audio Device should show up under playback as well as recording.

I'm out of ideas on how to solve this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ScorpioProd
01-12-2008, 06:21 PM
This is the way Newtek intends the VT[5] used.

You should turn on your motherboard's audio or add a soundcard for non-VT sound needs.

There's another thread around here somewhere explaining Newtek's reasons.

tigerbill
01-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Aha! I'll enable my on-board sound and try to find the thread explaining Newtek's updated logic behind the change!

Thank you!

ScorpioProd
01-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Here it is:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78070