PDA

View Full Version : Help For walk-through in Widescreen using MAC

aperezg
01-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi

I only make still image in LW, for architectural projects, using only Mac.
in this moment I have a project that the client wants some walk-through, for the project in Widescreen.
I made a sample with D1 (NTSC Widescreen) Width-720, Height-486 aspect 1.2, saving the animation in QuickTime (.mov). The final result was strange.
Then import this movie to iMovie HD version 6, this movie don't fit in the widescreen, the proportion is like a normal TV (720-486) with 2 black bars in both sides

I don have a special software for Video Edition, I only have the iMovie HD and iDVD version 6.

How can I make a walk-through in Widescreen using this software?, or I need to Buy other software.

Thanks for your help

WGermer
01-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Hmm... sounds like your camera settings are correct. It sounds like your quicktime is not carrying the "widescreen" information correctly. One great piece of software if you don't want to pay a lot is Quicktime Pro. That will let you export out quicktimes, change sizes, aspect ratio's ect. My guess is that the quicktime that you are trying to import is flagged as 4x3, when it should be flagged as 16x9. If you get quicktime pro, you can export out a new quicktime and specify that it is 16x9. Hope that helps

W

norlight
01-17-2008, 03:14 AM
WasnŽt that QT (reg) 16x9 problem fixed in one of the last updates?

IŽve always been on QT Pro so I canŽt check.

Aperezg, as a starter IŽd check that your QT (reg) has the latest updates.

Previously, to get QT movie with correct flag for 16x9 I believe youŽd have to do it in Compressor or something like that. My guess is that to get concistent 16x9 results for the client you still have to have a worfklow like that.

hard8
01-17-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm guessing if the image has black bars on the sides then it's being squeezed. You need to set up iMovie (not sure if it can) for Anamorphic 16x9.

if it' not squeezed then you need to set it up custom to match a known importable aspect in iMovie.

aperezg
01-21-2008, 06:02 AM
Hi

Thanks for your advice and your time, I update QT to QT Pro and bought ilife 08.

It helps a lot

Thanks again
Alejandro :thumbsup:

norlight
01-21-2008, 09:27 AM
aperezg, I believe your aspect ratio ("AR") is wrong.

I didnŽt read your first post well enough. When youŽre having a black bar on the sides youŽre having a different issue than QT not seeing your "16x9" image. If this would have been the case youŽd have an end result where thereŽd be no black bars but an image that wouldŽve been squeezed in form the sides.

16 divided by 9 gives an AR of 1.77, and not 1.2 that you say youŽre using. Even an 4x3 frame has an AR of 1.33.

Still, this doesnŽt explain why youŽre having black bars. To me it sounds like you somehow is including some "extra material" in your render. IŽd double-check my camera-view and the camera/render settings.

toby
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
1.2 is the pixel aspect ratio, not the screen. If you check the preset for "D1 Widescreen" you'll see it sets it to 1.2.
He has black bars because something isn't reading it as widescreen but as standard D1.