PDA

View Full Version : LW crashes

meathead
01-11-2008, 11:13 PM
I am ready to smash something.

I have been using 9.2, then LW 9.3, then back to 9.2, same thing, it just every once in a while, like every 30 minutes, does that "I am working, please wait" thing. Gives you hope that maybe its back, you push that save button as fast as you can, it doesn't let you, just goes back to choking. It will do this over and over until I force quit/crash. Better restart, because it's not happy about that force crash.

Where/what could my instability issues be? There must be some conflict. The objects, are together less than 5000 polys. My system is fine, Monarch custom build, dual Opterons with 2 Gs, running XP pro.

I never had problems in 7.5 or 8.5. Even if it was slow, it always worked thru it, but not the 9 cycle. This is one of the few things I like about Adobe products, they are RAM hawgs, but they always seem to work thru it eventually. LW used to be that way for me too.

DiedonD
01-12-2008, 12:21 AM
I am ready to smash something.

I have been using 9.2, then LW 9.3, then back to 9.2, same thing, it just every once in a while, like every 30 minutes, does that "I am working, please wait" thing. Gives you hope that maybe its back, you push that save button as fast as you can, it doesn't let you, just goes back to choking. It will do this over and over until I force quit/crash. Better restart, because it's not happy about that force crash.

Where/what could my instability issues be? There must be some conflict. The objects, are together less than 5000 polys. My system is fine, Monarch custom build, dual Opterons with 2 Gs, running XP pro.

I never had problems in 7.5 or 8.5. Even if it was slow, it always worked thru it, but not the 9 cycle. This is one of the few things I like about Adobe products, they are RAM hawgs, but they always seem to work thru it eventually. LW used to be that way for me too.

Calm down meathead, let me see now. Have you tried the bug free LW9.3.1?

Adobe isnt crash free believe me. All software crashes.

And as for the rage, why dont you get a punch bag. Its healthy, sportive, and really helps.

meathead
01-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Calm down meathead, let me see now. Have you tried the bug free LW9.3.1? Adobe isnt crash free believe me. All software crashes.
And as for the rage, why dont you get a punch bag. Its healthy, sportive, and really helps.

Yeah, I stopped using 9.3.1 because its been less stable than 9.2 actually. If I walk away from my computer for a little while, the chance of getting back to continue where I left off is very poor.

I have pushed Adobe PS and AE pretty hard, and they never crash on any of my systems, crawl maybe, but keep going, but that's unrelated.
I have had nothing but stability with LW 7-8.5, so this is newer.

Deadlines are pressing. I'm not really angry, just frustrated. I'm pretty even tempered generally, and I am very active, so a punching bag while fun isn't necessary. I actually have too many fitness related hobbies (at least the wife thinks so).

meathead
01-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Not to jinx myself, but I have been crash free for a few hours now with 9.3.1.

If you have a video heavy website (like NFL.com) in the background in firefox, could that cause hicups? I was never blaming LW itself its some kind of conflict.

DiedonD
01-13-2008, 12:57 AM

If you have a video heavy website (like NFL.com) in the background in firefox, could that cause hicups? I was never blaming LW itself its some kind of conflict.

Hah, toldya :)

zapper1998
01-13-2008, 01:14 AM
I feel the anger also.....

LW crashes on me allot to...

Lucky i have the save every 10 minutes, so i do only lose about 10 minutes work..

I know how you feel believe u me...

Some times it makes me mad and i just go get another cup of coffee..... :caffeine: :caffeine: :caffeine:

I also send the crash report(s) to M$ [ Microsoft ] every time, so I wonder if M$ is getting tired of my crash reports, some times a few a day...
HAHAHA ... Microsoft, I am suprised I have not gotten a letter or email from them [ Microsoft ]hey u are overloading use with crash reports....

:lol: :hammer: :ohmy:

Carm3D
01-13-2008, 02:38 AM
Get the latest version of your video card drivers. Sometimes that helps.

meathead
01-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Get the latest version of your video card drivers. Sometimes that helps.

I did less than a week ago.

I have been going back and forth from 9.2 to 9.3. After a few good hours, I have to force quit still.

It crashes hardest, if I leave my computer for a while, then try to come back where I left off. And crashes mostly in Modeler. But currently, as I type, it's crashing in layout...yeah.

Etch
01-13-2008, 12:25 PM

Ya you might want to check into the firefox thing. I was reading in Maximum PC that the latest builds of firefox have some massive memory issues that cause them to suck up way more than they should.