PDA

View Full Version : copying a key frame

jredmond108
01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Dear Guru and Experts,

It seems like what I would like to do is something pretty basic.

I have a title going across the screen and I want it to "hold" at a certain point for 5 seconds.

I made all the other keyframes where I want them. What I would like to do now is copy one particular keyframe in the same position, rotation, etc 5 seconds later.

Am I missing something. Just can't seem to figure it out. Thanks for your help!

jredmond108
01-12-2008, 08:25 AM
And also what about moving an existing keyframe?

SBowie
01-12-2008, 08:52 AM
SE has a full-blown motion graph that makes this stuff all possible, and a lot more. Click the Control Tree tab, then the Splines tab at the bottom of the right-hand pane. After that, proceed as in the image below:

ted
01-12-2008, 08:46 PM
And if you're not good at Football Diagrams, :D
When you're on the keyframe, you can simply hold down "control" and hit the right arrow 5 times. Then click on that property and it adds the same property value.
Then hit "w" which takes you to the end of the clip and drag the position to your liking.
Dragging a keyframe or group is as simple as draging and selecting the keyframes in the control tree "position" window to where you want them.

Once NewTek added the visual keyframe editing, I never went back to my old editor.

ScorpioProd
01-13-2008, 12:15 AM
And I definitely give credit where it's due, and the Control Tree is an example of something done right.

When I moved from VT[2] to VT[3], I wasn't sure I'd like the Control Tree, in fact, I was pretty sure I wouldn't.

But now that I do keyframing in Vegas Pro 8, I wish it had the Control Tree, where keyframes are actually there for EVERY parameter you alter. And the splines actually SHOW you what your parameter is doing just by looking at the graph.

In Vegas Pro 8, you have to literally jump from keyframe to keyframe just to see what has changed, not as intuitive as SpeedEDIT at all. The keyframes represent EVERY parameter in the panel at once so you don't know what has changed by looking at them, and there are no splines to look at, either.

jredmond108
01-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks guys! I couldn't find that in the manual!

All the best, James

SBowie
01-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys! I couldn't find that in the manual! In the 1.5 edition, start reading at Section 5.8 "Spline Editor," and keep on going for the next 10 pages. There's a section on "Copying and Pasting Nodes and Influences" in there somewhere. :)

jredmond108
01-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks Steve. I was originally looking in the section on keyframes. James

SBowie
01-13-2008, 03:40 PM
np! :)

CreatvGnius
01-13-2008, 04:45 PM
...Once NewTek added the visual keyframe editing, I never went back to my old editor.

Which editor, Ted, was *that*?
-PeterG

ted
01-13-2008, 06:12 PM
I was using Trinity by Play, GlobeCaster by GlobalStreams.
The real time performance is what kept me with the Trinity for so long.