PDA

View Full Version : Another Webcast question

djwade
01-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Hello all,
Does anybody have any insight as to how many viewers the Tricaster Studio could handle on its own without using a streaming server? I have a client that is looking to stream to 8 - 10 viewers. At this point in time I don't know the bandwidth available at the site of the meeting but I would assume it will be at least 768Kb upload and download.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

rally1
01-14-2008, 04:06 PM
The Tricaster can handle more than 10 viewers, your issue will be bandwidth.
Even if you had 768k, that would leave you 78k per viewer (in theory), that's before taking into account what you lose in overhead.

What you will need is a provider to take one stream, say 300k and then split that out to your 10 viewers. Or if you had a faster connection somewhere else then use windows media server to do it for you. www.thestreamguys.com or similar.

djwade
01-16-2008, 06:24 AM
That makes sense to me. I appreciate the reply. I will just make arrangements to connect to a streaming provider and add it to the bill.
Thank you again for your help.

sbrandt
01-16-2008, 09:51 AM
A lot of us have had good (inexpensive) experiences with audiovideoweb.com

https://www.audiovideoweb.com/orders?t=live#band_calc

NVentive
01-16-2008, 10:05 AM
We'll be using AV-Web for an all-day streaming session from our Area Chamber Of Commerce Business & Technology Expo. We've always used uStream in the past, but since quality is an issue on this one, we'll be going AV-Web.
Our Chamber came to us a couple of months ago and asked if we could put up a booth that would make people sit back and say 'Wow!' Since we recently added a TriCaster Studio to our mix, we told them we could certainly do that.....

Our goal is to do an EFP session on the hour and a live interview from our booth on the half-hour(s). It's been an insanely busy few weeks here, and we were not able to get the 'build the custom sets' time we wanted.
Wish us luck, everybody. The Link is: http://www.tylertexas.com/expo.html