PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave continues to lock up after clicking inside of applications

npennington
07-09-2003, 04:24 PM
I just installed Lightwave 7.5, and install the pactch too. I am currently running a Toshiba M1 with the following configuration.

Microsoft XP Professional Service Pack 1
1.4 Ghz Pentium M 4
256 Megs of RAM
32 Meg Trident Video Card
60 Gig Hard Drive

I am able to open up lightwave and able to click File and Load,I load the seen fine, expect the mouse movements are a little bit choppy. After I try to click on Preview the PC locks up and I have to do a hard reboot. When I go back into the applications and I hit bones the applications locks and the PC has to be hard booted again. Any suggestion on what to do. I do have a home PC that I can run this on, but because my schedule I really need to be able to run the applicaitons on this laptop. Thanks all for your information

npennington
07-10-2003, 02:17 AM
I was able to get it to work. I went into the advance settings of the Video Adapter and set the Hardware accelerations from Full to the second lowest settings and that seem to fix the problems.

BeeVee
07-10-2003, 08:49 AM
I didn't know that Trident still existed! It seems to me that perhaps you need a card with better OpenGL performance?

B