PDA

View Full Version : Camera Movement

itheiner
01-08-2008, 11:45 PM
This may seem really stupid, but I have been trying to stop objects in layout along a path. I create the path and then I would like to have them pause at certain points along the path, but I can't seem to get this done.

For example, I have an animation that uses music and I have the objects moving around, but then I would like the objects to stop and then have the camera start moving around the objects.

Any thoughts?

MooseDog
01-09-2008, 04:18 AM
maybe Master Channel (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77361) may help. different subject, but if i remember right, using one channel to control movement of another.

pumeco
01-09-2008, 04:56 AM
I'm a total noob to animating in LightWave, but I think maybe the interpolation might do it. A video I saw gives me an idea that maybe you could use 'Step' interpolation, or something that gives a sudden change. Again, I'm just guessing here - but it could be worth a try.

pumeco
01-09-2008, 05:08 AM
Here it is... see how interpolation is used for sudden switching - just apply it to movement instead :)
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/hardfx.mov

serge
01-09-2008, 06:34 AM
I would think this is pretty easy (although I'm far from an animation expert :)).

Let's say you want the moving object to pause from frame 100 until 200. Bake out the motion of the object, then in the Graph Editor grab frame 101 plus every next (for every motion channel) and put "100" for a numeric move. Then copy frame 100 and paste it at frame 200 (so there is no movement in between these frames).

itheiner
01-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks!