PDA

View Full Version : Order Manuals?

Signal to Noise
07-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Greetings all! Some of you may know me from the CgTalk forums.

I just registered here at Newtek in order to ask a question. I'm considering buying a used copy of LW 7.5 through an Authorized Reseller. He indicated that the manuals may or may not come with the software since he is still waiting on them from the original owner.

Question: Can the manuals be obtained/purchased separately from Newtek?

Hope this is the right area to ask this.

TIA.:)

gjjackson
07-09-2003, 12:30 PM
The manuals are also in pdf files. I find that easier to search for a particular item.

You can also download them from the Newtek FTP site.

Signal to Noise
07-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. I really like having hardcopies of manuals/books. At times I find on-line documentation to be a pain in the @$$. And I'm not about to go through tons of paper and ink printing pdf's off. At discreet you can order the manuals separately so I'm wondering if Newtek will do same?

Cheers, man!

Trulsi
07-09-2003, 01:13 PM
At least for version 8 all those who have received an electronic upgrade will be able to order the box with manuals and CD's separately. Perhaps you can do that now as well?

BUT: Have you considered this: If you buy an unused copy now, you get the upgrade to version 8 (usually something like 395$, but considering that you don't get the hard-copy manuals it's worth more like $300) for free. Is your used copy cheap enough to make up for this? (Also there are some great deals with Lightwave and DFX+ / Lightwave and 10 training DVD's available now).

Signal to Noise
07-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Thanks, Trulsi.

Here's the "deal" I'm considering: Used LW[7.5] w/ DFX+ and free upgrade to [8]. It's just like the now expired Newtek offer except Lightwave is a used copy pending manuals. The reseller is asking just under $1500 US for it.

Signal to Noise
07-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Another query:

I travel a lot. Can I have LW installed on both my home desktop and my laptop and simply move the dongle back and forth?

gjjackson
07-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
Another query:

I travel a lot. Can I have LW installed on both my home desktop and my laptop and simply move the dongle back and forth?

That's exactly what I do.

Trulsi
07-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Yep, me too! Looks like a good offer. I seldom use the manual anyways, but I'm sure Newtek could fix you up with one if the old user has abused or lost his own:-P

caustic wave
07-09-2003, 05:38 PM
where can I download a pdf manual??

whats the site name
thansks

gjjackson
07-10-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by caustic wave
where can I download a pdf manual??

whats the site name
thansks

When you install LW if it doesn't copy the PDF's, you can manually copy them from the install CD.