PDA

View Full Version : Sharpen video

Piper4873
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I am trying to fix a video problem encountered in an outdoor wedding shoot. One of our cameras was forced to shoot into the sun (nice wedding director who's daughter was doing the stills and didn't want the competition I guess) and since the bride and groom were under a gazebo the camera locked onto the brick wall behind the bride instead of the bride. I couldn't see it at the time since I was looking into the sun also. To make a long story short,, the bride's face is somewhat out of focus. I know this is a long shot to be able to sharpen her face, but at the moment I am surely looking for any life preserver there may be. It is not a total disaster, but not the quality of work I like to put out.

Thanks y'all
Mike

Jim Capillo
01-08-2008, 12:45 PM
[5] has sharpen - haven't used it yet, but I'm guessing it's somewhat like the PS sharpen feature.

To be honest, I doubt if you're gonna have much luck. Using the GIGO formula, it'll be hard to sharpen an out-of-focus foreground, but it's worth a try.

Is it possible that there was someone else among the guests that had a camera rolling?

SBowie
01-08-2008, 01:12 PM
If you get desperate, I've got a 'focus' convolution for Aura/Mirage that I like better than the stock 'sharpen' matrices - used gently, it can help. (I can't offer an opinion about the SE sharpen yet, sorry.)