PDA

View Full Version : exporting a model in say perspective view into illustrator

nnasr.rm
01-08-2008, 01:49 AM
is there a way to export a model in perspective view as vector into illustrator?
or is it only possible to export the orthographic views?
thanks guys,

Sekhar
01-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Only ortho, AFAIK. You could of course rotate the object so you get a perspective view in say front view and export that. You'll then get the wireframe in AI, but you'll still have to individually texture the surfaces. If you want to pick up the surface colors from modeler, you could do a screen capture and use eye dropper in AI. This is what I used to do for simple still objects.

For complex objects though this can be painful, and for animations intolerable. I ended up getting Swift 3D (just last week as a matter of fact), seems to work well. With that, just pose/render in layout, and Swift 3D converts the object into vector (can also create AI files), with surfaces (including gradients) and all. If you're interested, I can give details/examples.

You could also try rendering and doing a live trace in AI. Depending on your object, this might work; but my experience has been that it takes way too long to clean up, which is why I ended up buying Swift 3D.

nnasr.rm
01-08-2008, 11:59 AM
thats great, thanks for your help my friend. i will go for the rotating it in the orthographic view.