PDA

View Full Version : Layout and Modeler UB Icons For You

avezeau
01-07-2008, 01:27 PM
If you are a digital pack-rack like me, then you most likely have BOTH the PPC and the UB versions of LW on your older PowerMacs.

So, to help you remember which Icon goes to which version, I've modified the original modeler and layout ICNS files to reflect the UB version.

Please read all of this BEFORE you attempt this...so that you don't miss anything.

All you have to do is edit the APP files by the following method (as described on http://www.iheartny.com/howto_03.html)

====
Finding the correct ICNS file inside an application:
The first step to changing an ICNS file is finding it. To do this you'll need to open up the application and get into the Resources folder.

To do this control-click (right click) on the application in the finder. A contextual menu will pop up. Select "Show Package Content". If you do this correctly a window will pop up that have a folder named "Contents" inside.

Open the Contents folder and find the folder named "Resources". Resources will have a bunch of files inside. One of them will be the ICNS file you are looking for. Their may be quite a few ICNS files in any particular application, so make sure you pick the right one. You can test them by viewing them with Apple's Preview.app. The correct ICNS will look just like the main icon.
====

If you don't want to remove the original ICNS file, just rename it with a _old or _original. Then drag and drop the new ICNS file in and instantly you will have a new look to you Modeler or Lightwave icon.

You will have to recreate your Aliases though.

Remember, changing your icons is YOUR decision and NOT mine. Do this at YOUR own risk. I am not responsible for anything that may or may not go wrong. It is YOUR decision.

PS. Newtek, could you do this for us automatically next time? Thanks.