PDA

View Full Version : Looking for GI scene (spheres on scribbled on paper ground)

Igu4n4
01-07-2008, 01:05 PM
There was a scene that did the rounds... in fact I can't remember if it was a scene, or if it was just a render, that was 6-8 small spheres (marble like), on a ground of scribbled lined paper. I believe the front right sphere had a displacement on it as well.

I have spent over an hour using the search engine looking for reference to this scene.

I can't remember if it was a re-engineered scene for LW, but originally was done in Modo, or not, but I just cannot seem to track it down.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please chime in. If it is a scene for public consumption, and anyone could provide a link, it would be much appreciated. We're doing a series of benchmarks at the studio across several of our platforms, and render engines, and it always struck me as a very well developmed and balanced scene for the type of testing we're doing at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve.

Igu4n4
01-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Thank Neverko,..

Yes that's the one. Someone did a lightwave convert of the scene, was done very nicely with similar temperatures, and tone.

I'll take a look through the Modo content and see what maps etc they used.

If anyone does have a handle on the one that was converted already, I would love to grab it if possible.

Thanks again!

Steve.

Mike_RB
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Nice to see how liked that scene is.... Considering I made it. :) Sorry, I don't know about any LW conversions, and I'm not sure on Luxology's licensing in regards to redistribution....

Igu4n4
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey Mike,..

Yes it's a nice scene for testing light transmission and irradiance with different engines. I wasn't looking for the original persay, because I don't actually need to as we have a couple of licenses of Modo 2+3 here at the studio.

I was interested in a replication of that scene (not exact) that was re-built in lightwave (as we're doing our benchmark tests internally with Lightwave, Max, Houdini, and XSI).

I thought I'd take a shot out in the dark there to see if anyone had it as I've seen it before.

It wasn't until Neverko mentioned it was native in the Modo content files that I recalled where I *originally* saw it.

Anyway.. glad you chimed in, I didn't realize you were the original author of the image/scene. Nice work, I've always appreciated the simplicity and effectiveness of that scene for what it was trying to convey.

Take care.

Steve.
www.electriccompany.tv

Mike_RB
01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey Mike,..

Yes it's a nice scene for testing light transmission and irradiance with different engines. I wasn't looking for the original persay, because I don't actually need to as we have a couple of licenses of Modo 2+3 here at the studio.

I was interested in a replication of that scene (not exact) that was re-built in lightwave (as we're doing our benchmark tests internally with Lightwave, Max, Houdini, and XSI).

I thought I'd take a shot out in the dark there to see if anyone had it as I've seen it before.

It wasn't until Neverko mentioned it was native in the Modo content files that I recalled where I *originally* saw it.

Anyway.. glad you chimed in, I didn't realize you were the original author of the image/scene. Nice work, I've always appreciated the simplicity and effectiveness of that scene for what it was trying to convey.

Take care.

Steve.
www.electriccompany.tv

If you can't find the LW version, you can probably use FBX out of modo to get it into LW.