PDA

View Full Version : 9.31 Crash: Edit & Save of object during render

UnCommonGrafx
01-06-2008, 12:21 PM
This one has me pondering questions about what's to come. :)

If I load modeler then load an object from the dropdown list of loaded objects that is in layout and being rendered, save it, I invariably get a crash of the rendering layout scene.
I am using the hub, obviously.

Now, here is what I am puzzed about. At a time, I could do this without a crash. At an even odder time, I could save this object and the rendering object would go with the changes, e.g., texture changes and shape changes. This was a VERY short window. :thumbsdow
Now it crashes.

This shouldn't happen, right?

hunter
01-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't believe this should happen. I wish I had an answer or help, but I don't. It sounds related to a problem we've been experiencing in our office. If we make surface changes in layout, save all objects then switch back to modeler, we often get a crash on the modeler side. And you're right there was a time when this never happened.

UnCommonGrafx
01-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes,
And to clarify, I meant that one could see the changes in that saved object in the on-going render. It didn't crash at that time and before, yes.
At least, not as reliably as it does now.

This combo will make modeler or layout go poof in a few minutes:
- Fprime + any of the following...
- Edit A material. hehehe
- Move the fprime window after making changes in the nodal editor
- Move to modeler, make a change, go back to layout. Something will go poof. If you've turned your back, or getting older and forgetful, you may not even realize the disappearance. ;)

I am, however, having a ball with the combo. Very pretty renders. I'm in a place where I can actually use it a bit of the day. It's been fun. These crashes are worked-around with Default.lws loading up on next start.

Shrugging shoulders....

Did someone say, "Beta..."?