PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Background Layer Visibility

mccabejc
01-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Anyone know of a way to have a background layer in Modeler be displayed in full Texture mode, rather than a black wireframe? I want to use an image mapped polygon in the background as a reference for building a model in the foreground, but don't want to have to worry about mistakenly selecting the backgroudn poly while I'm modelling.

Thanks.

JeffrySG
01-06-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure if there is a way to do that but you could just use a 'backdrop image' in the display options to have an image to trace. You can have different images for each view port as well. And you can set up multiple configs of images in case you want different images at different times.

mccabejc
01-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks. Yeah, but I've got a few images I'm using as reference in a given viewport, and it's a lot easier to map them to simple polys. It sure would be easier to be able to have real layer visibility control, for example have the foreground be in wireframe and the background be in texture, but have the background locked from selection.

richdj
01-06-2008, 12:10 PM
You can save the backgrounds as config file, so if you have a few different set-ups and can load them as Jeffry said. Don't know if it's any help, but check out proton's background toggle on/off http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77002

Rich

mccabejc
01-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I think I'll end up making one big image with the multiple images side-by-side and loading that into the backdrop.

Surrealist.
01-06-2008, 02:52 PM
You can also auto size them to the bounding area of a polygon using that function in the backdrop tab. That would allow you to have it virtually mapped to the area of the polygon. From there you might just find it easier to switch from image to image rather than making a strip.