PDA

View Full Version : Another question about lens flares

Billybopper1
01-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm still working on my gold logo. And I just wanted to know how I could make a point light move along the edge of the object. In other words, to make the actual edge of the object become the motion path for the light. Any suggestion?:help:

Roly
01-07-2008, 09:55 PM
This link is going to help you alot for what you want to achieve with the logo
and lens flare. Go to the Techniques for animating a spiral motion.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77002

Maxx
01-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I haven't watched the video Roly's referring to (I need to find time to watch all of those), but you can select the points (in Modeler, obviously) along the edge you'd like the light to follow. Copy those points, paste them to another layer and create a spline path out of it. Go to Export and export the spline path as a motion file. Go to layout, import your logo object, select the light in the scene, then go to File >> Load/Add >> Motions >> Load Motion File. Select the motion path you exported from Modeler and it will apply itself to the light.

Be aware - using the above method every point in the spline that you export as a motion path becomes a key frame in the motion, so it may take some judicious tweaking of points to make the motion viable, but it's an option if your logo is slightly more complicated and your deadline is a bit loose.