PDA

View Full Version : Targa File Help

Renotom
01-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I was sent a targa (.tga) file to use as an overlay with a live shot. I can not seem to get the overlay to happen. It seems as if the alpha channel was not included because when I try to grab the graphic, a box with grab handles appears and it is the full size of the screen. The author sent the original .psd file and I'll try to work with that but any advice / tips to get this to work would be appreciated.

kltv
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Is there an actual alpha channel in the channels section of the Photoshop file or is there just the checkboard pattern? If there are only RGB channels then it won't be transparent unless you build one. An easier way if there is just checkboard on the canvas is to save a PNG file. Then you will not have to manually build an alpha channel.

Kris

SBowie
01-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Or .. did you realize that for any 32 bit file type, to activate the alpha you must turn on Overlay (hit the "y" key.)

Renotom
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the help...tried the overlay box (sbowie) but this wasn't the problem...

Not sure how the file was created...it was sent to me by an outside source & I don't think I'm versed enough to deconstruct it...Don't see a checkerboard pattern..just black...

SBowie
01-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Feel free to email me the file if you want a little help...