PDA

View Full Version : VT5 Timeline won't play

Mancipia
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Please help, clips on the timeline won"t play, the program freezes!! They are avi and rtv files. HELP!:bangwall:

ted
01-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Wow guys, do I go through the whole "More Info would help" Speach? :D
First post I'll give you a break my friend.:hey:

What are your system specs?
Has this happened since you installed VT5?
How was your performance with VT4?
Does VT 5 come back after freezing, as in running very sluggish or just freeze for several minutes?
Does VT5 close down?
Do you have to close it manually?

Does it do this with any and all .rtv's and .avi's or just something from a recent project that would indicate a corrupt or non recognized file.
Did you upgrade to VT5 and how did you go about it?

I promise if you spend a little more time detailing your problem some of the Genius' here will get you going. :thumbsup: (I don't claim to be one of them though. Just been through this about 30 years now). :D

Mancipia
01-03-2008, 09:29 AM
As you can see I'm new here and here is the more info (I thought you guys could read minds):D
The system - I'm running VT5 on a x5da8 mother board, daul xeon 2.8s, 2 gs ram, Vt2 card, 3 drive scsi raid and windows xppro.
The problem - The timeline won't play it just freezes and I have to Force close. I've tried different clips so I'm pretty sure it's not a corruption issue. Also the preview monitor won't show the clips (I have y/c set in preferences)
When I first installed Vt5 it worked great ( I uninstalled vt4.6 which worked awesome) and installed the upgrade. I had a problem with my system drive so I had to reconfig the system (80g ide system, 200 g storage, 210 raid for video) After reinstalling windows and vt5 I had this present problem.

I think that covers it, thanks for giving an amatuer another chance at this great source of vt knowledge. :thumbsup:

Jim Capillo
01-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I have that very same mb and VT[5] works fine - with the exception of Liveset, which seems to be a FSB issue.

1st of all, do you have the preview turned on in the prefs?

2nd, is the NVidia desktop manager turned off ? It needs to be.

Let's start there - but you may have to uninstall/reinstall.

I did.

Mancipia
01-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Problem solved, the driver for the video card was old and not supported so we updated the driver and all is well. Thanks for all your help!:thumbsup: