PDA

View Full Version : Title Templates: Where are they to edit?

sthompson
01-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Does anyone know where the Title Templates are to edit in VT5? I'm looking for the High Tech series. I want to add our station logo to the lower third. I am trying to open it through CG Designer.

Thanks

sthompson
01-04-2008, 08:09 AM

SBowie
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
This is another area where the sheer breadth of possibilities can be a little confusing. The "Title Templates" such as the "Electra" examples are designed for use from the "Title Templates" module of the main (VT desktop) menu. They are meant for quick application in a live production setting via the Switcher or DSK.

As far as I know, however, these cannot be loaded into SpeedEdit, or directly edited in CG Designer or CG Post. (You could, mind you, use their component images etc. to basically replicate them in the CG, or drag them as PNG's into SE-VT.)

The "Title Templates" you see in the CG sections are a completely different set, constructed differently as well. To be honest, I've always found this somewhat confusing, and would argue for different nomenclature - maybe calling the Switcher variant "Quick Titles," or "Live Titles" .. something of that nature, to make the distinction clearer.

'Electra' and similar sets are located by default at:

C:\Program Files\NewTek\VT5\User Data\Default User\TitleTemplates\Templates\_AllTemplates