PDA

View Full Version : Height-Adjustable CONTROL TREE pane?

CreatvGnius
01-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Unless this is already available in SpeedEDIT-VT and standalone version, I think it would an ergonomic plus -- to have the CONTROL TREE panel height-adjustable (in a way that the user-adjustable height is maintained from last use, upon re-opening later).

I find having to frequently scroll down in Control Tree, to access the lower control "nodes" a potential minor nuisance, in the older VT-Edit scheme.

Someone school me on this, if it's already been addressed in the two SpeedEDIT™ incarnations.
-PeterG

ted
01-02-2008, 02:26 AM
I second, third and foruth this request! :D
Of course, I've been asking for this since VT2,3,4 and now 5. Maybe in VT6? :D

Bobt
01-02-2008, 09:15 AM
The control tree has gotten too large. I find myself struggling to scroll around and get to what I need now. I think they will have to do something with it
in a major way. I have some ideas about it as I am sure most of you do..

CreatvGnius
01-02-2008, 01:18 PM
The control tree has gotten too large. I find myself struggling to scroll around and get to what I need now. I think they will have to do something with it
in a major way. I have some ideas about it as I am sure most of you do..

One other comment I could make in this regard is that having the control tree panel made to be two colors -- one color for each line of text and alternating between the two throughout the list, would make reading a particular node (along with its corresponding numerical value on the opposing side of the panel) more easy on the eye-brain combo.

Perhaps it's just a manifestation of dyslexia, but at times, I find myself wondering if I'm really eyeing the correct value on the right -- that relates to the particular node description of interest, on the left. . :screwy:
-PeterG

digitalpost
01-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Height-adjustable would be a quick happy fix for most of us. Especially in dual/triple monitor setups

ted
01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I agree Brian, that would be a great start.

I assume we are talking about the "properties panel".

Right now I use the control tree far more then the properties panel because you can't enlarge it. But some functions are different between the two like the way a clip is effected with slo-mo in Properties panel vs. control tree.