PDA

View Full Version : Auto blueprints

starprog
01-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Seems like every automobile tutorial requires you to start with some kind of blueprint preferably top left or right and front. What they always seem to leave out is where you can get these photos. So before you break out the ladder and hang over your neighbors Porsche to get a fairly good picture of the Top. So I would like to request some links to sites like this, and it doesn't have to be just cars. Here is my contribution. http://www.the-blueprints.com/index.php?frontpage/

I recommend to nobody to do the neighbor stunt especially if he is bigger then you.

starprog
01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Wow eighteen views already and not a single reply. Am I the only one that had this issue. If so please tell me your secrets. By the way I did use google, and I found some, but I was just wondering if there is some I have not found. I just felt it would help out some people.

SplineGod
01-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Theres a few threads on here and on spinquads where people have posted links to blueprint sites. :)

starprog
01-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Thanks SplineGod, I checked through most of them, unfortunatly it was after I posted. I have to learn that search function better.:D

Great tutorials by the way, I have your T&T Vol I & II and Pyro Fx. Keep up the great work.

Thanks again.

starprog
01-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks Neverko, I went through the forum looking and found some, but a lot are dead links. Suurland.com is very much alive. Much appreciated.

steamthunk
01-02-2008, 11:38 AM
You're definitely not alone. Its tough to find good blue prints of things - especially vehicles that are not drawn or modeled frequently. I've asked and people basically tell me to look on search engines. :grumpy:

I'd definitely not discount going to a book store or a library though. I've been amazed at what I've found on dead trees and scanned from there. If you have a Porsche dealer near you then maybe their glossy promos have some blue print like drawings.

I've also started going through YouTube to find videos. Sometimes you can see what you need to put pieces together that orthogonal drawings make difficult to visualize.

For my Bf110 project I've found that the plastic model people get whole books written for them that can include excellent drawings. Good luck!