PDA

View Full Version : cheers newtek!

cresshead
01-01-2008, 06:57 PM
just want to say thanks to newtek for all the updates we had last year and over the past versions we updated to as well ...
including the simply STUNNING freebies we got on the way here such as digital fusion, vue infinate and speed edit...dudes you ROCK!:thumbsup:

looking forward to what your cooking up for 2008 and lightwave 9.x:D

now then,get back to work!
:lwicon: :newtek: :seicon:

thisguy
01-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Happy new year NT!
I am not as impressed as cresshead, but I cant wait to see how long it takes yous to get this next beta out.

IMI
01-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah, everybody always wants more, more, more - not specifically here, but people in general.
Far as software goes, so very few companies give out as much for free. All the software as cress mentioned, but also all the free point upgrades, and of course, all of Proton's excellent videos which could easily have been packaged and sold.
I wish you all at Newtek a very happy new year. :)

colkai
01-02-2008, 02:31 AM
Indeed, here's hoping the New Year brings the guys at Newtek some of the kudos and respect they deserve.
(Not to mention a shiny new LW build or ten/twenty/thirty :p ;) ).

Matt
01-02-2008, 05:09 AM
This will indeed be a decisive year for NewTek!

Bog
01-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Cheers fellers - thanks to you and the tools you've created, I get to bugger about with the biggest, bestest videogame ever written and actually get paid for it! Paid! To blow up spaceships! Paid! To animate books of all things! Paid! For animating bacteria with great, sharp, pointy teeth! Hahahahahaaaa.....

RollerJesus
01-02-2008, 07:56 AM
I've been avoinding using Lightwave for years due to time/financial reasons but have recently takent he plunge and have been happy with it, using LW for video game assets, archvis and stills.

Thanks NT!

@Bog, what game engine are you using?

Andyjaggy
01-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks Newtek.

May your new year be filled with open betas, instancing, and render layers.

cresshead
01-02-2008, 12:03 PM
and character rigging/animating goodies too please!

Andyjaggy
01-02-2008, 12:13 PM
I like how everything turns into feature requests these days :) My fault I suppose.

cresshead
01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
and we STILL demand that 'make puss cat' feature in lightwave btw!
..or at least a quadroped with a tail..then those smelly dog lovers can play too!

pumeco
01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Woah, hey where was the free SpeedEdit?

I'm glad folk got theirs, but I've not been so lucky. In fact, I've never had so much hassle in getting what I paid for in my entire life! When I ordered my LightWave box, I was lead to believe I'd be getting SpeedEdit with it. But nah, I ended-up with some totally useless product called SubDo instead (which I still refuse to open). Dealing with the supplier hasn't exactly been fun either.

I even got to dropping hints about what happened on the forum, but NewTek did nothing for me.

Am I supposed to download SpeedEdit for free because of my purchase or something?
How are you guys getting the freebie when I can't even get what I paid for?

And yes I'm a bit peeved - just a bit.
Other than that, yes, NewTek are cool.

Andyjaggy
01-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Truth be told I'm actually a dog lover, don't really care for cats all that much.......... I hope people won't think less of me now.

Steamthrower
01-02-2008, 12:39 PM
I like either cats or dogs, but only if they're the non-ratty kind. I don't like terriers, poodles, shi-tzu, siamese, pug, anything small and frail. Those kind of creatures are just begging for a swift kick in the rear. But anything large is fine by me.

I'm waiting for the new Pixar plugin for Lightwave.

AbnRanger
01-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks Newtek.

May your new year be filled with open betas, instancing, and render layers.
And a sassy :devil: new UI?
>ducks and runs<

starprog
01-03-2008, 12:10 AM
I have to put a post on this one just to say, I too agree Newtek Rocks!!!

DiedonD
01-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Newtek rocks indeed. Over here nobody has ever heard of it, and even the slightest mention of 3D, its immediately linked in their brains with 3D Max, like a despot of apps for 3D. I so hate that! Waly went and told people his into LWing. And they said:

"Oh Max huh... No? Whats the name then...Lightwhat? SOme kinda Max plugin?"

So may this year be more promotive for Newtek then the rest of years put together.

And .... I so cant wait for instancing and cool animation tools, that... Dare I confess... I think, Ill be entering BETA too, for the first time in years...There I said it...

(And the crowd applaussess... YYEEAAHH)

Thank you, thank, you... LOL