PDA

View Full Version : fprime crash with Lightwave 9.3 on Macintosh G5

jupdyke
01-01-2008, 02:00 PM
I have recently installed fprime on my Mac, Dual 2.5 GHz Power PC G5. I am running OS 10.4.11 with 4.5 GB of memory. Generally it works fine but then periodically for no apparent reason, it completely locks up the system requiring me to crash out and reboot. I love fprime but would like to solve this problem. Worley labs suggests the following.

"Some graphics card drivers (and specific versions of drivers) are uncomfortable with intensely multithreading graphic windows like FPrime's interactive preview. If you have crashes when using the preview (but FPrime render is fine) then your drivers might be the cause. Updating drivers, (or, on especially on the Mac) changing per-application driver settings like disabling FSAA usually fix these oherwise hard-to-diagnose crashes."

According to ATI, I should have the latest graphics drivers since they are updated with the OS (AGP, ATI 9600 XT ). So that leaves the per application driver settings. I have not been able to locate any information on how to do this.

Anyone else been having problems with crashes and fprime? Any help would be appreciated.

Jack Updyke

jupdyke
01-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry guys. Ignore this thread. I just realized it is covered extensively on the Mac forum.

Jack Updyke