PDA

View Full Version : appending scenes

czesiu
01-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Folks,

Recently I have cretaed 4 scenes, 1000-1500 frames each, now I need to put those scenes together but I can not find a button "append" or "add scene".
There is only buttons to add objects, lights, motion paths but the scenes.

Am I so stupid I can not find a single function,
or did you missed something when planing userfreindliness of LW?

It should be even possible to have many timelines to work with to mix and timing scenes independent of each other.

Nevertheless, please let me know where is the function I need, or how simply and fast add scene to an end of other scene.

Cheers
Pawel

dwburman
01-01-2008, 11:10 AM
I've been using LW for probably over ten years and don't know of a feature to do that. I've never tried to combine scenes like that. Normally I'd render out the frames and combine them in the editing/compositing stage.

basically you need to bring the animation settings from one scene into another scene without duplicating the objects. I've thought a few things you could try and there may be some other methods that will work better. Don't forget to make backup copies of your scenes before trying to combine them.

You could try to "load from scene" and bring everything in. You'd have 3 copies of all objects, lights and cameras but you could turn off the parts that aren't in use for that set of keyframes. Of course, you could copy and paste the keyframes from the duplicates items to the original set.

If you don't have too many objects or too complicated settings you could save the motions out separately, create some Null objects and load the motions onto the nulls then copy the keyframes to the live objects.

It may be worth opening up the scenes (.lws) in notepad or some other text editor. It's kind of messy looking if you're not used to it but all of the animation info is in there. You may be able to find the parts that look alike and copy and paste from one .lws file to another.

For some things you may need to bake the motion files.

SplineGod
01-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Id read up on motion mixer. :)

cresshead
01-01-2008, 02:10 PM
so using larry's hint:-[cheers splinegod!]

so you'd create an 'actor' in each lw scene then have a master scene and load in the actors and then use motion mixer to lay them out end to end.

sound's do able...but i'd prefer rendering each scene out and then using a compositor and video editor to put them together..hey but that's me!

czesiu
01-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi,

Thank for all replys.
Yes I did concider the option of rendering all the scenes separately and then
putting them together in Mirage or EDIUS, and it would work.

Actualy I was about to get some more direct way of doing it direct in LW and then render all together.

But it seem to be a dream only to do so.
I realize that I have to stay to render of each scene separtaely.

Once aging thank for your ideas.

Cheers
Pawel :)

dwburman
01-01-2008, 05:21 PM
In that case, read up on network rendering. It's not too difficult to set up a LWSN render node on one machine. If you do that, you can set up all three scenes to render one right after the other.

A LWSN network can be a difficult to get working for the first time, but most of the difficulty comes with the networked computers finding all the files. You don't have to worry about that when you're only using one computer.

As for Motion Mixer... some day I'll get around to trying that feature out :)

SplineGod
01-01-2008, 05:57 PM
You can batch render the separate scenes on one machine. Heres a great free utility:
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/other.htm#LWSNC3