PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year 2008!

Red_Oddity
01-01-2008, 07:58 AM
what? no happy new year thread yet?

Happy New Year everyone...

Hope you all made it safe through the celebrations.

Steamthrower
01-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Except for a falling meteorite which crushed my left foot, everything's top notch OK.

See you all at SIGGRAPH sometime!

*Pete*
01-01-2008, 08:15 AM
I saw tens of thousands of fireworks going of at the same time, as far away as 10-15 km from where i stood at my balcony...this new year celebration was awesome!!

Happy new year everyone!

manholoz
01-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Yay happy new year everybody!

DiedonD
01-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Blowing up frostieman (hope thats what you call it) with huge fireckrackers here, and overrall fireckrackery year here as usual. Laud, and everyone showing off what they have.

So... Here we are... Another year gone buy... The New year always brings up the existential issues with me. I mean... as time goes by, we are headed to oblivion. Whats there to celebrate? But lets leave tha alone, and Im glad these kinda threads exist to share these ancient issues an all.

Hope this Year is even better the the previous for all of you :thumbsup:

*Pete*
01-01-2008, 10:29 AM
for me, a new year is a fresh start.
the goal is to be happier, wealthier, healthier and younger than the previous year ;)
this year will be good, i feel it in me...this year will be the best so far :)

ted
01-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Same to ya'll. I'll be turning 50 this year. Time to reflect on the last 50 years.

I've spent the last several days transferring all my old VHS Home Movies I began shooting in 1978 to DVD's. I found so many memories with people who are no longer with us and my children's first birthdays. Priceless.

I hope we all take time to reflect on family and friends from the past and make time in the new year to enjoy life. It's so very short.
May 2008 be a happy, healthy and prosperous year to all. :thumbsup:

IMI
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, Happy New Year to everyone! :)

Don't know about you guys, but mine started out great. Went up to this store this morning and when I came out, saw I had a flat tire. Ever change a tire with an extreme hangover? Not fun. ;)
Oh well it's over with now.
I hope 2008 brings everything good to all of you, but especially that 2008 brings LW 9.5 to all of us. :D

colkai
01-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Happy new year folks! With fingers crossed for some fun developments in LW.

No New Years resolutions from me apart to do the best I can, with the time I have. :D

I've spent the last several days transferring all my old VHS Home Movies I began shooting in 1978 to DVD's. I found so many memories with people who are no longer with us and my children's first birthdays. Priceless.:

Yup, I am doing something similar and it's both a joy and a sadness, the moving finger writes as they say.

Bog
01-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Happy New Year!

My head hurts. Oooogh. Don't feel well. Just like I said last year, "Never again!" ;)

GandB
01-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Happy New Year to all! This year should be good, as I finally landed a job (which isn't easy to due in Northern Michigan). I'll be going to the Academy in a few weeks, to be a Corrections Officer (Prison Guard) at the local Prison System. I only live a mile away from it, so that makes it convenient as well. It's especially nice because I've been looking for work for over a year and a half since I graduated from College back in Spring '06!

Time to pay off those bills/loans. We've also decided to have our 3rd and final child (was contingent upon securing the job first). After that, things are getting cut and tied. ;)

I'm also piecing together my new website and Indy Game company; which should be up before I go to school.

-Keith