PDA

View Full Version : UV Maps don't render in Viper, Open GL

WShawn
12-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi:

I recently noticed in my recent projects that UV maps no longer show up in my Open GL previews in Layout, and they don't even render in Viper. They do render normally in F9 renders and FPrime. As far as I know these are run-of-the mill subpatch objects, some I've created, some from the LW content disc that I'm surfacing. The UV maps are visible in Modeler.

Is there some switch I might have hit somewhere that caused this? I'm thinking this is a Modeler issue because I can open up older projects and the UV maps are visible.

I'm running 9.2 on a Dual 2.5 GHz G5 Mac, OS 10.4.10.

Thanks.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

hard8
12-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I've had instances of both especially in v7.5.

Haven't had UVs disappear in 9.3 yet, but I think it has to do with the type of UV map. I seem to remember cylindrical UVs not showing up in OGL, but atlas
UVs displaying fine. Could be just a Mac thing though.

WShawn
12-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Upon closer examination, the UV maps do appear in the Open GL preview in Layout; I didn't have the object set to Texture Shaded Solid in the Scene Editor.

However, the UVs don't render in Viper. I opened up a project in 8.3 and the UVs for those models don't render in Viper either. Maybe I never noticed it because I usually use FPrime for my surfacing work.

Shawn Marshall

SplineGod
12-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Unfortunately they dont appear in viper. Would be nice though.

WShawn
12-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately they dont appear in viper. Would be nice though.

Hmmm. I guess I never noticed that in the eight or nine years I've been working with LW. Kinda defeats the purpose of using Viper to help surface objects, though.

Thanks for confirming this issue. I'll use FPrime, though I feel like I'm walking on eggshells when I do.

Shawn Marshall

SplineGod
12-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Yea, I was hoping to see viper fixed in this go around. :)