PDA

View Full Version : 16:9 & 4:3…I need help plse

williamb
12-28-2007, 07:04 PM
I made a 16:9 still image in PS. (1024x576)
I make sure VT is set to 16:9
When I load the image in and go to ‘Control Tree’ the image does not fill the screen completely…The image height does not fill the screen vertically, however horizontally its fine

I'm to make a TVC in wide screen yet when I render, I can only choose ‘Full Pal 720x576…do I have to manually adjust the pixels to 1024x576??? Is that the correct pixel ratio?

What are the specs for 16X9??? I’m making most of it in LW what should I use?

Can someone give me advice in general using 16X9??? I have always used in 4x3

Much thanks

cybis
12-28-2007, 07:10 PM
We do 16x9 by using the same image dimensions but designing them in Photoshop with the widescreen aspect ratio. I think everything in VT is NTSC resolution (or I guess PAL for you), so you just have to feed it images that would otherwise look TALL and then as long as you are using 16x9 VT-vision monitors and render or burn your DVD as widescreen, everything would work out.

We do all of our graphics in AE with the same 720x480 (DV) dimensions but it's set as widescreen. Sine we do live events more than editing, we just toggle the projector to interpret the signal as widescreen.

I do not know the actual dimensions for a still image, especially since you're in PAL, but again, it should be the same as a 4:3 image but be sure Photoshop is set to wide aspect ratio.

Jeff

williamb
12-28-2007, 07:56 PM
OK i discovered that in LW i need custom camera settings set to 1024x576...made anim and imported into SE and set SE to 16x9 PAL...rendered as a DV16x9, opened in VT4 and all works...its as though SE is more prepared for 16X9 than VT is?????

thanks for your input