PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield Trailer

Speedmonk42
12-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I saw the Cloverfield trailer.

Is the head of the Statue of Liberty that small?

I thought it was way bigger.

zapper1998
12-28-2007, 10:16 PM
BIGGER, I have been to the Statue...

dwburman
01-01-2008, 10:44 AM
I thought the scale looked off in Ghostbusters II. I didn't think about it when I saw the Cloverfield trailer.

I when up in the Statue of Liberty in 1991 when I was 17. It seemed smaller that I had imagined it. The windows in the crown only seemed about 9 inches high and you couldn't stop and look because there were dozens or hundreds of people behind you in cramped spaces waiting for their look.

othornton
01-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I when up in the Statue of Liberty in 1991 when I was 17. It seemed smaller that I had imagined it. The windows in the crown only seemed about 9 inches high and you couldn't stop and look because there were dozens or hundreds of people behind you in cramped spaces waiting for their look.

The Washington Monument is exactly the same. Tiny room, tiny windows, people pushing. Large building, itty bitty viewing space.

The head of the statue in the Cloverfield trailer looks about right, but the rays of the crown add so much volume to the head it makes it hard to compare.

Speedmonk42
01-02-2008, 12:40 AM
I thought the scale looked off in Ghostbusters II.

Were there computers in the world when Ghostbusters was made?

LW_Will
01-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, they made the Statue of Liberty walk with a joystick from an old PC, so...

You'd think they'd've used an Atari joystick... ;-)