PDA

View Full Version : LW8.5 Install problem - seem to be missing most of the commands

wtdedula
12-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Hello All;
I posted a similar message in the Lightwave group but not sure if this is only related to the version of LW that came with VT-5. I really need advice fast so I'm posting this message here too. I installed VT-5 along with LW8.5 yesterday and I seem to be missing many of the commands/features. I tried to import a graphics backdrop image and found I had to load a plug-in before it would work. And today, I am looking all over the palce for "Rounder" and can't find it in any of the menus. It seems like not many of my plug ins were automatically loaded at install time. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem ? Can anyone suggest what I can do to correct this problem ? I am trying to work through some tutorials this weekend but am stalled until I can figure this out. This has never happened before for all of the previous Lightwave versions I've loaded in the past.

Tim

IMPERIAL
12-29-2007, 03:09 AM
specify the corect plugin folder...
e.x. in layout ... utilities....edit plugins... browse for plugin dir.
also check the menu layout and keyboard shortcut .. set it to the version you are used to.