PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a good feature to request?

Johnny
07-08-2003, 04:11 PM
I am a self-admitted greenhorn in Lightwave...when I make things like bottles or any object that needs to have its end closed, I painstakingly select each point - not at random, but going clockwise, then hit p to form a poly.

would it make sense to have a tool which you would activate, select your ring of points, and which would 'know' that you want to make a poly? IOW, that would be the use of THAT tool..

problem is that sometimes, it's hard to even see the points because there can be so many..you end up dollying, zooming in/zooming out...seems to be a real time sponge for a relatively simple task..

thoughts?

J

toby
07-08-2003, 06:10 PM
there are some tricks you can learn to make it easier, there's also a plug-in called Select-point-chain which selects a continuous row of points, Band-saw will select a row of polygons which you can use to hide all but a few of the points you want to select ( Band saw should be able to select a row of points, that's a feature request )

Beamtracer
07-08-2003, 10:37 PM
Many times I wish that Bandsaw could select points. I guess it wouldn't be a "saw" then, would it.

Darth Mole
07-09-2003, 01:47 AM
The guys at Evasion 3D made two free plug-ins - one for doing point welds without having to click on the OK panel; and one to make polys even when you haven't selected the points in order.

Haven't used it for a while, so I can't guarantee it works on dozens of points, but I have both allocated instead of the standard p and Ctrl-w buttons.

It's not up on the Evasion website (http://www.evasion3d.com), but I'm sure they'd send you copies if you asked nicely.

toby
07-09-2003, 02:38 AM
"doing point welds without having to click on the OK panel"

Just change your alert level to 'expert' in the preferences

The other one sounds way cool, should be standard