PDA

View Full Version : Noob question

skywalker113
12-27-2007, 10:38 PM
How do I delete objects in layout?

And btw, does anyone know how to make a sandstorm?

oldtekerr
12-27-2007, 10:40 PM

Cageman
12-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Haha... yeah... and you are incorrect... these are two questions, not one! But I agree, noob it is. :)

I'm actually going to answer the first question: Select the object you want to remove and hit '-' on the numerical pad on the keybord.

The second question: Well, since you don't know how to remove an item from Layout, I have to say that making a sandstorm is 1-2 years from your current knowledge of LW? Maybe less, maybe more...

EDIT: Ok... maybe I'm abit harsh, but there are many things, not always trivial, to the process of creating a sandstorm. I can think of 2-3 ways of doing it, all depending on how detailed it has to be and how "close" to the sandstorm the camera will be.

oldtekerr
12-27-2007, 11:01 PM
The - was for the first question, and the dots were the sand storm.:D
it is kinda funny hearing how do I delete objects, and how do I make a sand storm in the same post.

SplineGod
12-28-2007, 03:51 AM
The sandstorm ones easy but deleting objects....Im sure Newtek has a tutorial somewhere on doing that. :)

Nangleator
12-28-2007, 09:33 AM
You have to read his second question more closely. The answer to it is "yes."

Otherwise the post would read like, "How do you hit F9? Oh, and how do I make a hit animated television show?"

skywalker113
12-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks for telling me the key to delete objects. I been just moving objects out of the camera veiw for a while. I think objects take up memory even if they are not in the camera veiw right? I am new, but not completly new. I know how to render and do most basic controls.

I fiddled with the fog options, but for things like smoke or a sandstorm. I heard it had somthing to do with hypervoxels? I dont know what it is though.

Sry if I wasnt very specific in my first post. I was in a hurry to go to bed, it was 1:00 am lol.

Nangleator
12-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Just teasing!

Look for tutorials on HV. Tornado ones might help you, if they're based on HV sprites, and you can ignore the whole motion part.

Steamthrower
12-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I think objects take up memory even if they are not in the camera veiw right?

Yes. Your "camera view" still renders GI and reflections based on unseen geometry.

I fiddled with the fog options, but for things like smoke or a sandstorm. I heard it had somthing to do with hypervoxels?

Hypervoxels are accessed by...pulling up the hypervoxel panel. In Layout, create an emitter and then you can specify your HV parameters.

I am new, but not completly new. I know how to render and do most basic controls.

I'll take your word for it. :D