PDA

View Full Version : AA Settings for thin objects?

Rhothgar
12-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Hello,

I read some where that higher AA settings are needed when rendering to see thin objects like wires, ropes, or in my case the legs of a skeleton running across a wide shot in the distance.

Can anyone confirm this? Can anyone suggest good settings? I don't mind doing all the test renders etc it would just be helpful if someone else who already knows could make some suggestions so I have a good place to start. :o

Thanks!

pixym
12-25-2007, 02:41 PM
You will better post a still if you want to be helped…

jameswillmott
12-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Hello,

I read some where that higher AA settings are needed when rendering to see thin objects like wires, ropes, or in my case the legs of a skeleton running across a wide shot in the distance.

Can anyone confirm this? Can anyone suggest good settings? I don't mind doing all the test renders etc it would just be helpful if someone else who already knows could make some suggestions so I have a good place to start. :o

Antialiasing thin elements will need relatively higher amounts of AA to catch the details. You can usually get away with just using adaptive sampling for most shots but for this you might want to set AA to 5 -> 10 and a bit of adaptive. It's hard to say without seeing any screenshots though.