PDA

View Full Version : countdown?

cresshead
07-08-2003, 01:38 PM
hi newtek..
how about an 8 day countdown to releasing info on lightwave 8..
would be nice to have it on the main page of newtek!

also push the boat out on listing just how many things lightwave "is" and more impotantly "was" used in film/t.v production..don't forget titanic...it maybe quite a while back but it was quality..and the biggest grossing film to date.

steve g

takkun
07-08-2003, 08:35 PM
I disagree, no more hype. Everyone just needs some patience. EDIT: Well... maybe, I guess 8 days of hype ain't that bad.
also push the boat out on listing just how many things lightwave "is" and more impotantly "was" used in film/t.v production..don't forget titanic...it maybe quite a while back but it was quality..and the biggest grossing film to date. A welcome change would be to release a 2002-2003 showreel for download. There's been so much incredible work done lately by big studios and individuals that it would be very impressive to see them all together. That way if a friend asks you, "What's Lightwave?" You could play this video and watch their jaw drop to the floor.:)

cresshead
07-08-2003, 08:44 PM
yeh, i like the idea of a downloadable showreel for lightwave!
would be great to try n convert my students over to lightwave from max.

steve g

Elmar Moelzer
07-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Yupp, a new LW- demo- reel is urgently needed. I would really like something simillar to the LW 6.0- reel which was excellent. They showed fantastic and very professional work on there from all areas (from feature- film to game- cinematics). I also enjoyed the interviews with the people at FI, D2 and FE.
The video- gallery on the NT- page could use an update as well.
CU
Elmar

Beamtracer
07-08-2003, 11:06 PM
A countdown to the release of Lightwave 8, maybe.

I countdown to the the release of a snippet of information revealing some of the features Lightwave 8 will have is not warrranted.

takkun
07-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Hmm, if proton was around I would pester him about releasing a showreel but he seems to be missing from the forums lately. Vacation? Or maybe preparing for the unveiling of Lightwave 8?

BeeVee
07-09-2003, 02:44 AM
He's been in Australia for the last week or so attending the SMPTE conference... should be back soon.

B

Beamtracer
07-09-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by BeeVee
He's been in Australia for the last week or so attending the SMPTE It's good to see Newtek attending these broadcast expos around the world, especially in locations where there's lots of production happening.