PDA

View Full Version : Error: Out of memory while rendering

akrantz
12-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Anyone else getting this error? I have an intel mac with 2x3ghz, 6gb RAM and the X1900 vid card, no idea why I would be getting this error. Is there someplace to allocate more memory? Any help would be appreciated.

akrantz
12-25-2007, 11:06 AM
It's pretty hard to tell without any futher information.

What kind of scene are you rendering? Are you using displacements? Very high subdivision levels? Massive amounts of image maps? Millions of non-subd polygons? Very high Interpolated FG settings?

As far as I know there's no way to use all of your 6Gb RAM for rendering, as there's no 64-bit version of LightWave for OSX.

Unfortunately I am a newbie doing a tutorial so I dont really know the aswer to some of your questions. What I'm doing is using the TimeRemap plug-in to change the frame rate of an animation, the scene itself is not all that complex really, at this point there are almost no textures, no huge image maps, and it has only two particle systems. i tried messing with the Segment Memory to see if that would help but no dice....

akrantz
12-25-2007, 08:16 PM
This problem is related to the TimeRemap Plug-in as far as I can tell. When I remove the plug-in the scene renders fine, with the plug-in added to my camera however, I get an error message and the particles will not render. Any ideas?