PDA

View Full Version : How do VT5 owners get SE 1.5

ottis41
12-24-2007, 03:04 PM
I revicived my VT5 upgrade about a month and a half a go, (:bowdown: great Job on VT5 Newtek) and speed edit is included. I regestered my VT5, but did not have to register speed edit.
When I log into my :newtek: Newtek account > downloads> I do not have any speed edit registrations. so i can not download any updates. How does one register speed edit in VT5?
Also how does one find the version number of speed edit in VT5.

SteelPicR
12-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Unless you were eligible for a copy of the standalone version of Speed Edit, you will not receive it. The editor inside VT5 is “SpeedEdit VT” but not to be confused with the standalone version. That’s why the download section only reveals what’s available for VT5. There have been no core updates for VT5 as of yet. Merry Christmas.

ottis41
12-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info, so VT5 owners will only get SE update through core VT updates.

SteelPicR
12-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the info, so VT5 owners will only get SE update through core VT updates.

If you only have VT5 then your available updates will be listed in the VT5 downloads section of the registration page. Understand that VT5 is a package that encludes an NLE called SpeedEdit VT and that VT5 is tied to NewTek hardware whereas the standalone version of SpeedEdit will run on computers without NT hardware. Two complete different editing apps with the same name...kind of!