PDA

View Full Version : Importing and working with images

Tylier
07-08-2003, 12:37 PM
I'm currently trying to follow a tutorial for a plug-in called Wavefilter Image that will give a cel-shaded look to video footage. The tutorial says that the first step is to import the video as a background image sequence. I really have no idea how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The tutorial I'm trying to follow can be found at:
http://www.wavefilter.com/EdgeBlendTutorial.html#CartoonShade

riki
07-08-2003, 06:46 PM
This should work

1. Open the 'Image Editor'
2. 'Load' the file.
3. Open 'Effects Panel' select 'Compositing' Tab. re 'Scene>Effects>Compositing'
4. Select the 'Background Image' from drop down menu (in this case your video file).

OPTIONAL

5. Switch to the Camera View
6. Open 'Display Options' panel 'd' key
7. Select 'Background Image' in the 'Camera View Background' drop down menu.
8. Scrub the timeline and you should see the video playing in te BG
Hope this helps

Tylier
07-09-2003, 11:39 AM
that is exactly what I needed to do. Thank you so much, riki.

newsvixen8
07-08-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm trying to load as a video background a series of frames saved as jpegs... so there are MANY files.. how do I load all these as a sequence in the compositing tab?

riki
07-08-2005, 08:53 AM
There's two options

The first is to import the image sequence into Quicktime and then Export that out as a Quicktime movie which you can then bring into Lightwave as described above.

The Second option is to use the Image Editor to bulk load you image files. Of course all numberred in sequential order. Then select the first image and change the 'Image Type' to sequence. Of course you'll also need to set in and out frames in the Image Editor.

I just tested this and it does work.

Best

r

toby
07-08-2005, 02:58 PM
If you have a sequence of images, you only need to load the first image and set it to Sequence.

riki
07-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh yeah I had a strange feeling that might be the case. Thanks Toby

newsvixen8
07-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Y'all are awesome... thanks for saving me lots of trial and error!